High Protein Vegan Pizza
A delightful twist on a margherita pizza perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
High protein and vegan are usually two words that you won’t find in the same sentence. I always try my best to create clean, nutrient dense recipes that won’t empty your wallet. As a student I am constantly searching for recipes that are wholesome and low budget. One night I was feeling pretty lazy but craving pizza. I needed to go grocery shopping so there was barely anything in my fridge. I decided to throw a few ingredients together and boy did it exceed my expectations! This is a perfect recipe if you are looking for something quick to throw together. Who said you couldn’t have the luxury of eating pizza and it actually being good for you?
-1 tbsp minced garlic
-1 tbsp Earth Balance Buttery Spread With Olive Oil
-1 Light Italian Herb Flatout Flatbread (this brand has 9g of protein per flatbread)
-1/2 cup tomato Sauce
-1 sliced tomato
-1/2 cup Daiya shredded mozzarella cheese
-1 tbsp salt
-1 tbsp pepper
-2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Place flatbread on metal tray (coat if not nonstick). Add butter and garlic to flatbread and spread covering the entire surface. You can melt the butter in the microwave first if needed.
- Place flatbread in oven for 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce to flatbread and spread. Top with sliced tomatoes, cheese and basil (feel free to add other vegetables of your choice) salt and pepper.
- Put back in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Use pizza slicer to cut slices and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 pizza (4 slices)
Amount Per One Pizza:
Calories: 367 calories
Protein: 12 g